Tuesday, April 10, 2007

THE WAITING GAME

No major developments this week, but you can definitely expect some serious breakthroughs in the very near future.

I've been playing phone tag with Cedd Moses, the nightlife entrepreneur responsible for many of the newest, most happening downtown bars (i.e. the Golden Gopher, the Broadway Bar, 4100 Bar). I'm hoping he can shed some light on why he chose to pursue business downtown, an area that until recently has seen little growth or development. Expect some sort of interview soon.

Also on the interview list is the Kor Group, a real estate company that is behind several of the new loft projects going in downtown, including the Eastern Columbia Lofts, seen in last week's slideshow (they're the ones in the turquoise, art deco building). I'm hoping that they'll also be able to shed some insight on why they have chosen to pursue business downtown and also provide me with an idea about how successful they have been. I know it's a long shot, but I'm also trying to see if they can refer me to any residents of their buildings that I might be able to interview. Hopefully the Kor Group will prove to be one of my most valuable sources.
UPDATE: Success! Read the interview here.

My current goal is to lock down these interviews and use them as a springboard for other interviews/investigations into downtown life. I apologize for the lack of concrete information to update with this week, but as the old adage goes, sometimes the best things are those you have to wait for.

No comments: